Return to The Stujoe Collection Home Page

The Stujoe Collection
Register   Login  

Return to thestujoecollection.com Home Page

Home Forums Features Interactive Community View Online Members Search DPP Numis-Links

Note: Registered Users Do Not See Advertisements

Board index Specialized Numismatic Forums Exonumia (Tokens, Medals, etc) Forums

Warren G Harding commemorative coin
The Exonumia section of TheStujoeCollection.com

Postby Blossomtoo on Tue Aug 17, 2004 3:58 pm

Ok guys can someone help me here? While I was working in the garden the other day I came across a coin. After scrubbing it off the best I could the front of it reads "29th President USA, 1921-1928, Warren G Harding" with his bust facing toward the left. On the back I can only partly make out what it says "Editor, (about a paragraph of writing, most of which I can't read)" and writing around the whole outer edge of the back of the coin. While my father was an avid coin collector and I've inherited his collection I have to admit I know almost nothing about it but I think it would be nice to add this coin to his collection for my children someday, but I would like to lable this coin. If anyone can help me identify it further or send me to a website so that I can see what it would look like without all of this dirt I'ld appreciate it very much. :(

Blossomtoo
Just got here...

Postby onejinx on Tue Aug 17, 2004 4:09 pm

In 1968 The Franklin Mint put out a set of president coins. It may be one of them. I think my son may have a few of them around. If I find one I will scan it and you can see if it the same or not.

Brett

onejinx
Full of useless information

Postby Blossomtoo on Tue Aug 17, 2004 7:39 pm

Thank you so very much for the information you sent me. I would very much like to see a picture of this coin if you can scan one, or even if you can recommend a website that might have one.

Blossomtoo
Just got here...

Pretty soon you will see ALL of the Presidents on dollar coins!

Postby Zakgold on Tue Aug 17, 2004 7:40 pm

Warren G. Harding?...

Calvin Coolidge?...

Johnson, Carter, Clinton?...

[I have the perfect coin for Clinton. He is smiling, waving, with Monica on her knees. Don't get me started on Hillary's husband!!]

Well guess what? The US Mint is looking to introduce the dollar coin "honoring" US Presidents in the same fashion as the state quarter program.

That will be the last draw for me as I will NOT collect these! Only a handful of dead presidents maybe deserved to be on coins. Our founding fathers didn't want this and that is why Liberty and other American symbols graced our coins until Lincoln graced the penny in 1909.

Watch out in 2006!

Zakgold
Choose your title...

Postby whohah on Tue Aug 17, 2004 9:45 pm

IIRC, the sponsoring legislation for the Stone Mountain half dollar included a nod to W. G. Harding as part of the reason it was issued. They just couldn't squeeze in his name on the reverse with all the other legends...

whohah
Always willing to learn...

Quick Reply

Return to Exonumia (Tokens, Medals, etc) Forums